Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hello Out there!

Well, I really just found myself to be so hypocritical.  I get so annoyed when my blogger friends don't update their blogs and saw that my last true entry was in August.  I have also lied to so many of you when I tell you that I am really going to sit down and update this thing soon.  So, here I am, the saint that I am, being true to my word.  Since getting back from Mexico, I have to say, my transition has been a challenging one.  There are so many things I miss about Mexico, about Auburn and at the same time appreciate so many things here.  For the most part, I am enjoying school, but ready for the semester to be over.  I am not really enjoying my Spanish teacher nor the subject we are and have been talking about all semester.  If anyone ever wants to chat about global warming, globalization or localization in Spanish, I am your woman.  Really, since August, that is what we have been talking about in my Spanish class.  My professor even drew a picture of the earth, ozone layer, carbon dioxide and the absolute deadly effects it is having on our atmósfera!  Seriously, go hug some trees for me.  Anyways, wedding planning has proven to be a little stressful.  I broke down on the sweet woman in the flower store the other day.  She gave me the look of, "I don't know if I should feel sorry for you and stay away from you."  She proceeded to hug me and quoted me the most fantastic price I have heard since planning this thing.  Weddings cost a fortune.  I think we should just go to the Justice of the Peace and say I do.  Well, that is all for now.  I have posted some pictures of the place we are getting married at.  It is cute (and affordable) little "house" called "The Birdhouse at Mountainview."  

Spanish word for the day:  La Boda (wedding)

"But these things I plan won't happen right away.  Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.  If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place.  It will not be delayed."  Habakkuk 2:3 
  

Ceremony Option "1"

Ceremony Option "2"

Inside Reception Site
 

2 comments:

Maggie M. Cooper said...

I love it! You are going to be the most beautful bride ever and it is going to be a joyous day all around!:) Glad to have you back in the blogging world! Love you!

The Stuckey's said...

Its a beautiful place. It was great to see you guys at the tournament. I will update my blog soon as I am becoming one of those slackers. Hope you are all well. Talk to you soon.