Well, a lot of updates since the last time we blogged. Life is changed in such an amazing way and we are still getting accustomed to it. So, Jermile has said that I have become soft as a momma and well, maybe that is true. I have never in my life felt so fiercely protective of another person and with everything that has gone on in the past few weeks, it is worse than ever! Our sweet baby had to have surgery on his stomach and let me tell you that is the single most difficult thing I have ever been through. To see this little one, who has no understanding of why there are people poking needles in him and what in the world is going on, was a traumatic experience for someone who is already growing soft by the day (me). Jermile was a rock and there is no way I could have gotten through that weekend without him. For those of you that don't know (if there is anyone who still reads this), Caleb had been projectile vomiting everything so we went in to the pediatrician who put him on acid reflux meds for a few days. He was no better after several days, so she sent us in for an ultrasound of his stomach. We both went in thinking, everything is fine and they will send us home with some Zantac. Next thing we know, our baby, who I feel I am supposed to protect and keep safe, is being admitted, getting hooked up to IV's and scheduled for surgery the next morning. Whew…I almost lost my mind on Saturday after they had to change the IV for the 3rd time. One more time and I was snatching my little one and getting the heck out of dodge. Anyways, he is all better and doing so well. Me, on the other hand..I have realized that I WILL be that mom that will slap a child or anyone else for that matter if they are ever cruel to my baby:) Is that wrong?
On to more happy news, all of his stats were good on our docs visit. I don't keep up with percentiles, maybe I should, but I just don't understand why that is so important! All I know is there are a lot of kids that are chunkier (weigh more) than him and he is going to be a giant (tall) with an enormous wing span and some clunkers for feet! Some recent pics…
Smiling at my daddy..
Somebody just let me go to sleep…
Finally…
Praying to Jesus…
I love you too buddy...
War Eagle!
This about makes my heart melt…little bookie just staring up at momma…
Ok, this picture has a story. Basically, our 6 week old son has rolled over twice. Proud mom moment. We laid him on his stomach and this is how we found him (twice).
4 comments:
He is so stinkin precious! I want to hold him so bad! I cannot believe he has rolled! That is incredible...neither of mine did till 4-5 months! Love you and am so glad he is better! Still praying for yall. Mag
He is so sweet. Praying that all of his stomach troubles are over. Hope all are well
Love,
Ashley
Haley, I'm sorry that I had no idea what ya'll were dealing with! I hope everything is fine now and no more vomiting! I think he has your eyes! He is so cute! Will you be in Bham after July? Love you!
oh and i want to see more pics, i know you have 'em!
I so love the picture in your heading...I bet there are more of them you need to share...I hope all of the Brooks are doing well.
Ashley
Post a Comment