Friday, July 16, 2010

Where did June go?

Is it already July? This summer has flown as they always do, but I feel like I am missing periods of time and then I look and my baby is 4 months old! I cannot believe he has been with us now for 4 months! We just had his 4 mo check up and he is doing great! He weights 15 1/2 lbs and is 26 inches long. We won't talk about his head circumference, let's just say his little brain must be growing and growing in there! You can actually see for yourself below! Caleb is doing so many things these days and I have said this so much, but I don't know how in the world you can see the milestones a baby can make and not be fascinated with our Creator. I love love watching him learn how to do things, get frustrated and then finally actually do what he has been trying so hard to do. He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. I know this is what babies do, but holy cow. He tries to put his whole hand in his mouth, chokes himself and continues to shove the thing into the back of his throat. He is a thumbsucker! I know there is good and bad to this, but it is the cutest thing ever. Of course, not when he is 5, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. He is reaching for, grabbing and holding things in his hands, pushing himself up on his elbows, babbling like crazy and has been for quite some time, kicks like he is trying to get somewhere, and doing such a good job at sitting with a little support. I love this little boy. He brings us both more joy than we ever thought possible! The nap thief has been visiting us the last few days and I am ready for him to be gone! Caleb has been such a good little napper and now after about 45 minutes, he is done. He is not all that fussy though. He will just look up at his mobile, laugh, talk to it until he is bored and then is ready for someone to come and get him (any suggestions/advice???).
One of Jermile's friend's parents have a house up in the mountains and they were gracious enough to let us go up there for a few days. It was great down time and everyone enjoyed it, including Beasley! Thanks Jonathan! I have decided I am moving in up there, so they will have some surprises when they come on the weekends!

I haven't posted his previous "bear" pictures, but this is his 4mo:

His cousins' 1st bday party. Is he almost as big as they are?
Evidence of the nap time thief!
LOVES his mobile:


The view from the front porch (at the mountain house)

Beasley had fun!

Rocking on the front porch

Has to have that thumb in his mouth!

4th of July:

1 comment:

Whitney said...

What a sweetheart!! Sorry to be no help or encouragement, but once the 45 minute nap thing started with Miller it NEVER went away. Well, here and there it did but he still does it some days. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer! I've heard lots of other people say their babies got over it after they made them stay in their crib for about 30 minutes after they woke up. Supposedly, they learned to fall back to sleep. I have not witnesses this personally :) He is such a cutie!!