It has been a while since I have posted and I am so excited to really and truly be getting back into the blogging world. As I sat and thought about what to write and exactly how to describe the most exciting time during both of our lives, I am humbled to think about how many amazing things have happened over the last several weeks. Some of those things were trying and difficult but led to moments of miracles and revelations of God's perfect timing and faithfulness. We are also humbled to look through these pictures and see everyone that came together to support and celebrate with us and to make our day all that it was. I mean, I know it was our wedding, but it was the best wedding I have ever been to! Holy cow, we both so felt the Holy Spirit there and even after an hour rain delay had the best day ever. God is so good and showed His sweet spirit in sending an all out downpour. I mean, this was no afternoon shower. This monsoon came about 30 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start and did not look like it would let up for about a week. Thanks to everyone who stood the rain and stayed to celebrate with us! It was so hard to include everyone in these pictures, but you are all so wonderful and truly made our wedding week more than we could have ever imagined.

My sweet friends celebrating my last few days as a single woman!
Em and me

Bridesmaid Luncheon
Rehearsal

Ok, can I just stop here for a moment and say this man, Donald Spann was meant to be a wedding coordinator. Donald and Jonathan totally took care of my love and I have never seen someone take care of so many things at once. All my mom kept saying the week after the wedding was "that Donald." That's it! That sums it up. From now on, I will just shake my head in awe and say, "that Donald!" All of his groomsmen were absolutely wonderful and I can't tell you how many times I heard what a great group of guys we had standing up there with us. You are each so special and it was an honor to have you there with us.
My precious ladies. Well, except Janet! Don't worry JanTay, you are represented all over this blog. Now, I really did try not to be a high maintenance bride. Really, I tried! For the most part, I think I was ok, but I could not have made it through the day without my girls taking care of me! We went back and looked at some of the video and all day, my sweet girls are taking care of things I didn't even know they were taking care of.
And we are in a rain delay! Wedding Coordinator (Donald) and Jermile arriving!

Waiting out the rain delay with my beautiful bridesmaids and MOB!

I have always looked at the groom when the bride is walking down the aisle, but to see my groom bawling as I walked toward him was enough to make me want to run to him. The precious love of my life was so servant hearted that day as he is everyday. He continued to tell my girls to let me know he would wait as long as I wanted (for the rain to stop). Thank you Lord for bringing us where you have and blessing me with this incredible Godly man.
Have you ever seen a minister GET DOWN at a wedding? When I say "get down" I mean this man was all over the dance floor. When we watched the video I don't think I have ever seen Jermile laugh so hard. Kendall, thank you for the mentor you are to so many and for making our process, ceremony and day so special.
The Mr. and Mrs. Brooks!
My bible study girls from Auburn

My precious little girls. Well, not technically mine, but I love them like they are. These are Jermile's cousin Detrick and his wife Lindsay's little girls and they handed out programs for us. They are adorable and adored!
Arriving at the reception in our orange golf cart! Go Tigers! (Auburn and Clemson)
The first dance...
So, Andrea and Adam took time to teach us the shag to Stand By Me! Thank you so much!
Of course we had to add a little surprise! We couldn't just do the same ole boring first dance, now could we? Jermile and I learned the Superman a few days before the wedding, via Youtube. I wish this picture gave a better representation of everyone's reaction, because it was priceless! The video is awesome and we watched it over and over.
I think we both cried the entire way through this!
Jermile made his sweet mama cry! His auntie had to bring out tissues, one to wipe off Jermile's head that was full of sweat and the other to wipe off Mrs. Jerri's tears! It was so sweet!

Having fun on the dancefloor!
Detrick was all over the floor (with Kendall) all night! It was awesome and I had so many people tell me they needed to take dance lessons from him! Yes, this is father of those two little precious girls, Ava and Layla (and Chloe, not pictured!)

The cake was delicious! We didn't get any in our to go basket and we were so disappointed!
My sweet and handsome brothers, Adam, Josh and Ryan
My beautiful sister, Tiffany
I know this was a long blog and really, our entire wedding book, but all these pictures cannot even capture the feeling of that day for us. It has been such a long road and we have truly learned that what God has joined together, no man can separate (Mark 10:9). We will leave you with the scripture from the wedding and again want to thank everyone that joined us to make our wedding day so special. We love you!
"He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also put eternity in their hearts, but man cannot discover the work God has done from beginning to end...And I know that whatever God does is final. Nothing can be added to it or taken from it. God's purpose in this is that people should fear Him. Whatever exists today and whatever will exist in the future has already existed in the past. For God calls each event back in its turn." Ecclesiastes 3:11; 14-15





















5 comments:
Hooray!!! I've been waiting for this post! We love you and thought your wedding was the best EVER-the most emotional and so precious in every way. We hope to see you again soon! I put the pic of the four of us on my blog so you can see it-I had flat, rain hair, but you still look GORGEOUS!!! Love you!(And I want some honeymoon pics and info...)
Haley, you were the most beautiful bride! What a gorgeous couple! You wrote so sweetly about your wedding that it made me cry! I love you so much and I am SO thrilled for you! xoxox
i guess you don't need me to send you that link anymore... sorry. LOVE the blog!!! Whatever links you have to pictures, i want them so i can add them to my pictures!! Love you!
seriously wiping the tears off my face as I read through your blog. Haley,Jermile...that was AWESOME! Seriously amazing. Thanks for sharing that with us all...indeed... "all thing beautiful in His time".
Best wedding ever!!! The dancing was hilarious!!! LOVED IT! You guys are a beautiful couple. I'm so blessed to have the privilege to observe your godly testimony together.
Post a Comment