I know it has been forever and that seems to be the theme of how I start these blogs. I admittingly just suck at blogging, but I promise I try! Jermile kept saying he was going to update it on his trip to Daytona with the youth group at church so I really can say I was waiting on him to do that! Well, so much to say and so many things have been learned over the past few months. God has truly shown me the love of a wonderful Godly man. I have been sick really since we have been married, in and out of the hospital, not able to eat, blah, blah, blah and Jermile has been so patient and taken such good care of me. He spent about 5 nights layed out on a hard "chair" in the hospital, has been patient with me being worthless and has just loved me unconditionally. God has also taught me that He does not have to explain Himself to us! I have prayed for healing for so long and have really been to the point of begging and crying out to Him that He would just take the pain away. Well, His plans have been different and He has taught me that healing at times is not what He wants. He wants us to glorify Him through pain and circumstances that may seem overwhelming to us. It took me a little bit to even come close to grasping why He chooses pain to show His glory. Paul begged for the thorn to be taken out of his side and God had different intentions. "Each time He said, 'My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me." 2 Cor. 12:9 I have read this verse over and over and it has never meant to me what it does now. Our pastor is going through a sermon series called "Five Lies of the Devil" and the first lie we focused on was "God will never give us more than we can handle." How many times have we said this to each other as encouraging words. Well, it is a lie! God often gives us more than we can handle to stop us from boasting and throw us into Himself. He wants us to get to the point of saying, "Lord, I can't handle this. This situation is bigger than me." We don't have to figure things out, we just have to look to Him. Ok, well that was my sermon! And now on to other news! We are PREGNANT! What??? Yes, we are 14 weeks, due March 10. This has been a little overwhelming, but I am so thankful. I have finally been able to start eating, which is great. I have been so worried that this precious little one is starving! But, apparently, it will get whatever it needs! My body no longer cares about me! There is something greater to take care of! We went to Auburn last weekend and it was so great to see family and friends. This is the only picture we took all weekend. I forgot my camera! My sweet mom made sure she cooked things I could eat and honestly, it was my turn around weekend! Something in the air at Auburn! Sorry so long, but thats what happens when you don't update a blog in forever!
1 comment:
Loved reading this! I hate I didn't get to see you but I'm glad you had fun in AU. Take care and hang in there!
Post a Comment