A lot of this post is simply for me to remember things about my little man that I just might forget, so I want to keep a record of everything. Caleb is growing so quickly, which I am so thankful for, but at the same time, it is so crazy (and a little sad!) to see him changing so much so fast. The last time we went to the doc, he weighed 11.9 (50%), which is a blessing because he was a tad underweight the time before, and he was 22 inches long (25%). We won't talk about his head circumference that was in the 75%!! Thanks daddy. Anyways, he is so sweet, laughs all the time, smiles like crazy, talks his own little talk, loves to lay on his mat and look up at just about anything, loves to go on walks in his baby bjorn, at times has this little thing where he pants like a dog, loves to give kisses (that's what I call them anyways), and has this thing where he puts his little thumb in between his first two fingers (picture below). He has started to find his hands and goes directly for his mouth with them, sucks his thumb all the time, and has teased us with a couple of times sleeping through the night. That is not consistent yet though, so we don't expect it at all! We just got back from an unexpected trip to Auburn and Birmingham to see my family. It was such fun and he got to meet my dad, his great grandparents and his uncle Ryan, Adam and Aunt Tiff. I didn't take a single picture with his Susu and Big Sam which makes me sad, because he is adored by and adores them! But, with Susu around, I actually got to get on the other side of the camera, so I do exist! I am so thankful I have this time at home with my sweet baby and the day I have to go back to school and leave him all day is a day I am dreading even now. I love him to death and just can't get enough of him!
With Mimi on Mother's Day
My parents have this swing in their backyard and he could have sat in it for hours. He was so fascinated by everything around him. We spent a lot of time on this swing!
Cuddling with Uncle Josh
Meeting my dad, his great grandparents, Aunt Tiff, Uncle Ryan and Uncle Adam..
So, we went to God's country (Auburn) and I thought it would be nice to have the same pictures he will be taking on his graduation day to compare to now. Unfortunately, it was graduation, so we didn't get to take pics in front of the Auburn University sign (a long line), but he got to see what it would be like on his graduation day!
He does not make a fist without doing this...
3 comments:
OMG! Haley, he is the cutest thing ever! I love his big, beautiful eyes and that smile kills me! He is smart, too. You can see it in his eyes. He is clearly not one of those lay around babies. He wants to see everything! Oh, I love him! And you look FABULOUS! Did you really JUST have a baby?!?!
Really love the pic of Josh holding him - so sweet!
xx
love love seeing how much he has grown! He is just adorable and I'm so happy he is feeling all better!
Mary Evans did that with her thumb too!:) I love it! I loved getting to see you and meet that sweet little man-hope to again soon!:)
Post a Comment