So, I really don't know if we have many readers and for those that we do have, I assume most are female. This post may contain too much information for some of you, but I am giving fair warning! Poor Jermile has had to deal with this subject so much from me, so maybe if I write about this, I can once and for all let it go and move on! So, for the mom's out there, who so desire to give their little ones something that no one else can, the question of this day is not "Are you breastfeeding?", it is "I assume you are breastfeeding?" or "You are breastfeeding, right?" Now, this is an innocent question, but posed like this, makes those of us that have just had trouble (i.e., are now bone dry), feel pretty inadequate as a mom. I have struggled so much with the fact that I just cannot for the life of me provide Caleb with what he needs from me. I never thought I would have what nice people call a "formula baby" and God has dealt with me so much on pride in this area, and I do. He got about 2 months of a little bit of the good stuff, but honey, I am all out. Caleb's pediatrician put me on anything and everything to produce more, because heaven forbid, he get formula, but nothing has seemed to work. So, sorry readers, this is my release! No, I am no longer breastfeeding and yes, my sweet precious little boy is being fed the evil formula. I am so jealous of those of you who produce like cows. I do not. So, there. But, all this being said, I do have a sweet, healthy, happy baby who sleeps through the night and smiles at us all day. There is nothing like being a mom. Thanks for listening.
"He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also put eternity in their hearts, but man cannot discover the work God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Too much information?
So, I really don't know if we have many readers and for those that we do have, I assume most are female. This post may contain too much information for some of you, but I am giving fair warning! Poor Jermile has had to deal with this subject so much from me, so maybe if I write about this, I can once and for all let it go and move on! So, for the mom's out there, who so desire to give their little ones something that no one else can, the question of this day is not "Are you breastfeeding?", it is "I assume you are breastfeeding?" or "You are breastfeeding, right?" Now, this is an innocent question, but posed like this, makes those of us that have just had trouble (i.e., are now bone dry), feel pretty inadequate as a mom. I have struggled so much with the fact that I just cannot for the life of me provide Caleb with what he needs from me. I never thought I would have what nice people call a "formula baby" and God has dealt with me so much on pride in this area, and I do. He got about 2 months of a little bit of the good stuff, but honey, I am all out. Caleb's pediatrician put me on anything and everything to produce more, because heaven forbid, he get formula, but nothing has seemed to work. So, sorry readers, this is my release! No, I am no longer breastfeeding and yes, my sweet precious little boy is being fed the evil formula. I am so jealous of those of you who produce like cows. I do not. So, there. But, all this being said, I do have a sweet, healthy, happy baby who sleeps through the night and smiles at us all day. There is nothing like being a mom. Thanks for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey girl...I went for four months, but used ALOT of supplement. BUT, with him not gaining weight, and not really being on the growth chart I struggled too. Until I just had to put it down, and realize he liked the formula too, and he felt fuller, and I liked the freedom of being able to eat slightly spicy food again. There is so much more emotional stress to this mommy thing than I ever understood before, so I feel you! I love you and am praying for you...feel free to vent, or just talk whenever (can't always promise I understand, but I'll listen, and probably add my two sense too!!!!)
PS - got your message, and I'll call tomorrow at some point!!!!! Love to ya'll
Haley,
My body didn't produce for either child. Alex I was on medicine for blood pressure and couldnt get enough water. My ob looked at me and asked what I was doing to my self it was ok. When Jack was born I was determined to try again it was easier he lached on but nothing came out and he was starving so we supplmented but I had post partum depression with both and again my body decided it was better that I didnt breast feed. Jack ended up having Soy formula. I would change a thing other than formula feed from day one. You are doing what is best for everyone you and him.
He is beautiful and you guys look so happy.
Hope all is getting more settled in the Brooks household.
Love to all,
Ashley
I was not good at it either. I basically never could get her to nurse. I did pump for a while but also used formula early. I also felt like a failure, but I promise it is okay and my formula baby is fine! Love you!
Haley, I feel like there are just things God asks us to surrender to Him. Even if it is something we think He should allow our bodies to do, bc that is the way He intended for them to work. The beautiful thing about God is his mysterious ways and surrendering is really what it comes down to, bc He just wants all of us. Even though I was able to nurse for a while, I had to go through this when my body "failed to progress" for a vaginal delivery. It is a loss, like the breast feeding is for you, but God knows better and ultimately He just wants US. I hope that all made sense. It's a crazy world as a mom with all the unspoken expectations. Remember not to compare yourself to other moms but just stay in the Word. Also, I LOVED all the pics from the last post of little Caleb with all the different family members. So many people that love him!! He is SUCH a cutie!! Can't wait to meet him. Will you come back to B'ham after July?? Love you!
Do not let anyone make you feel guilty! My ped said formula is just fine! I had to supplement with both and only made it 7 weeks with Whit-you are a FABULOUS mom and you are doing the very best you can for that sweet angel! I'm proud of you! Love you!
Post a Comment