Caleb is continuing to amaze us with everything he is doing. He has moved to a big boy bed which I thought would be hard, but he has done it like a champ and doesn't get out of the bed until we come in and get him. He is also now fully potty trained! He is doing great and loves to tell us when he has to go pee pee or poo poo. The only thing we are having trouble with him not wanting to pee in his pull up at night, so he wakes up about every 3 hours to go potty. I guess he is just getting us ready for the new little one! I LOVE the fact that we don't have to buy diapers....for a few months anyways! He is talking in complete sentences and his favorite right now is telling what he has to go to and then adding "I'll be right back, ok?" Like, "I have to go get a shirt, I'll be right back, ok?" "I hug Beasley, I'll be right back, ok?" It is the cutest thing to listen to...listening to your little baby putting ideas together on his own and putting them into sentences is crazy. He loves to go to the park and slide (he is always asking, go see slide, mommy?). He LOVES Elmo....in an unhealthy way. It used to be Veggie Tales, which he still loves, but I am tired of listening to Elmo talk in the 3rd person. Has anyone ever noticed this? Instead of saying "I am happy" Elmo says "Elmo is happy." It is a tad annoying!
We are definitely entering, or really, deep into a difficult time in disciplining little man. He is testing us with what he can get away with and I have recently been reading "Don't make me count to 3" which is geared toward disciplining our child's heart through God's Word rather than disciplining their behavior. This has been so hard and I have to constantly examine my motives of why I am disciplining...is it because he has made me mad or because he is somehow disobeying God's Word? Obviously the latter is the reason we are called to discipline, but I find it hard to take a deep breath when he has blatantly been disobedient. I am just praying that God will teach me as I am trying to teach Caleb to obey us and in turn when his heart is ready, he will better understand to obey God. Pictures date back to Easter!
Easter Egg Hunt
This was from a get together with all of Jermile's college buddies. This is how many kids there are between them all!
Celebrating daddy on Father's Day:
Jermile and I are trying to make it a tradition to take a trip to Charleston on our anniversary every year. We rarely get a pic together without out little man with us!

No comments:
Post a Comment