Monday, September 17, 2012

How did we get here?

I have been telling myself I need to write this post for a while now, but not sure if anyone reads this anymore.  I am going to write it for myself so I can look back and remember how faithful God has been and continues to be.  I have also (with much pain) joined the Facebook world, only to keep up with the happenings of all the people we miss so much from Clemson.  I can't believe I am living in Auburn.  God was so clear in His direction to move us here but I still cannot believe I am back to a place I love so much.  Saying that, I am learning more and more that it is not about the place that makes it home, but it is family.  Wherever Jermile and Caleb (and soon to be Aiden) are, that is where I want to be!  Months ago, God began closing so many doors in Clemson, which we took as discouragement at the time and not really understanding what He was doing.  We were trying our best to be financially faithful by stepping away from homes we really wanted and putting offers on homes that would not stretch our budget.  All offers fell through but we needed a home quickly, as we were having to get out of our rental by August.  I continued to ask, "God what are you doing? I know You are leading us somewhere, but where?"  All the while, I thought he was leading us to a specific neighborhood in Clemson.  Some time later, a job opened up at Auburn, but Jermile's first reaction was NO!  He had a great job in Clemson...worked with some amazing people and was surrounded by the community he loved.  To make it short, I saw God completely turn my husband's heart around through His Word and clearly communicated to him through so many other ways, that Auburn, if given the opportunity, was where He wanted us.  WHAT??????  I was baffled that Jermile was coming to me saying he felt led to leave Clemson and move our family to Auburn.  It was such an act of God!  Obviously, it was where God was leading us as we have been here for about a month.  It is a completely different Auburn than what it was when I lived here before.  I have the opportunity to stay at home with the boys, which is something I have wanted since Caleb was born.  I am so thankful to have a husband that listens to the Lord.  Even if it meant we were to stay in Clemson...I completely trust the Jermile listens and hears from the Lord and does what He says.  That brings such a peace to know I am being led by someone who wants nothing more or less than what the Lord wants for his family.

So, a practical update...Caleb started preschool today (see picture below)!  I think he is ready to get around some kids.   As much as I love being with him all day, I know he needs to get away from mama for a bit!  We are getting settled as we are renting the house my parents just bought from me a few months ago.  Funny how things work out, right?  God is leading us to a church that is somewhat similar to our church that we loved dearly in Clemson and I am able to get involved in some ladies' bible studies that are providing childcare.  It has been a hard transition for Jermile, but he can handle just about anything.  Thanks for everyone's encouragement.  We are about 2 weeks away from welcoming our second little boy into the world!  Crazy!  We miss Clemson, friends and family so much but know we are where we are called to be.
 This is our next door neighbor, Ella, who Caleb loves!  Everyday we pull in he asks if we can go see her!  Her little brother, Raleigh had a "tailgate" bday party a few weeks ago.  





  My proud little boy on his first day of preschool.  He was so excited, he didn't even say bye to me!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh my goodness, I am SO EXCITED for y'all to be back in Auburn! And with your babies!!! Makes me so happy to think of you raising your family in such a great place. Also, pregnancy looks SO good on you! xoxo Jai

The Swifts said...

I still read!!! So excited for you and I can't believe #2 will be here so soon! Hope to get down there to visit you soon!