Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Rancho San Juan Bosco

This blog is mainly so that I do not forget all God taught me while spending a week at this amazing ministry in Tecate, México.  I had such reservations about going and really spent the first couple of days wishing to be back home with my family.  I missed Jermile and the boys so much that my heart was closed off to what God was trying to teach me.  But, usually when we "fight" with the Savior of the world, He wins!  So, after this battle, I just said, "ok, Lord, I am here so I might as well learn something, right?"  I am so thankful to have a Savior that is both gracious and patient with me, because He truly opened my heart to so many things in my remaining days in Tecate.  This was my first experience at an orphanage.  In the years I have done missions I have never had the opportunity to see what I saw this past week.  I saw people's faith that Jesus would completely provide for their needs and the needs of 40+ kids.  This is the kind of faith the moves mountains!  I saw kids that had been rejected by people they were supposed to love them unconditionally and provide for them.  I saw a place that did it's absolute best to parent, teach and love on these amazing kids, each with their own story.
Through this week, I have learned that God gives us a story and it is to be used for His glory.  He doesn't miss a thing.  He doesn't overlook anyone.  I am special to Him. You are special to Him.  I learned that yes, my heart should break for kids that have been rejected and are without parents.  But, shouldn't my heart break even more for those that do not know Jesus?  That should be sadder to me, but sometimes, it isn't.  I pray to have a heart for the lost and listen to God's direction when He places those people in my path.  And that is one of the biggest things He taught me...He will direct me if I ask.  I need to be paying attention to the answer.  And when He does the unimaginable, I need to give Him the glory for it.  And practically, I learned that my kids do not ALWAYS have to have mom around!  While I missed them terribly, I know they were loved on and well taken care of, even without me around!















No comments: