Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Belated Christmas! Hoping everyone had the Christmas we had! Boy was Santa good! This post is probably just for me because I am so not good at writing this stuff down and am forcing myself to document what our little one is doing these days. He has 3 teeth and cutting 2 more. He is the happiest little child ever, loves to gives kisses (well, when he wants to), lets anyone rock him except for me, LOVES blueberries, banana, and really anything edible, weighs 21 lbs (I said he loves anything edible, didn't I?), is bouncing and standing on everything, walking along the furniture, sometimes crawls on his hands, but prefers to army crawl when he really wants to get somewhere, is saying mama and dada and has been for a while (he sooo knows what he is saying, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it), is needing a new car seat because he is outgrowing his infant seat (more on that in a minute), has the sweetest laugh I have ever heard, still loves Beasley and opens his mouth wide open so she can give him kisses, does not like to be held at all, is into EVERYTHING, loves magazines, loves our end table and pulling anything and everything off of it, thinks he can do more than he actually can but tries anyways, and is starting to imitate sounds we make. Gosh, I know there is so much more, but that's what I can remember right now. Ok, so I really don't like getting on blogs that are about parenting/advice/should do/know hows, etc. because they make me feel unfit, but I just want to ask ya'll something. By ya'll, I am talking to the 3 people that read this. So, as I said before, it is time to buy Caleb his toddler car seat and a while back, I read my friend, Bridges, blog on the debate between rear vs. front facing seats for toddlers. Click here to see it for yourself. So, I have so been looking forward to the day Caleb turned 1, so I could turn him around, but that ain't happening. I didn't even know there was a debate, but now that I have read and seen that video, Caleb will be facing the traffic behind me until he is 12. What did ya'll do? I'd like to know. And, I know I am an awful parent, but below are the first professional pics we have had taken as a family since Caleb's newborns.



4 comments:

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Both of mine turned around at 1...they both had/have Graco seats that have worked fine.:) I did see the video, and it is scary...but my pediatrician said it was fine, and I figure if we get hit that hard I will be relying on God's protection much more than the car seat. Just my opinion although i know many will think that is horrible.:) Whit weighed plenty and was long enough...might have kept ME back a little longer if I'd known about it then. Caleb is so stinking cute I could eat him up! I want to see yall again soon-that little man is growing too much! Love you!

The Edmonds said...

hey girly...we just got a convertible car seat that faced the back when i got tired of carrying Emrick's carrier, and then when the pediatrician gave the okay right after his first birthday, he turned around! i haven't watched the video, but i really enjoy being able to see him and sing with him, etc...its fun!

The Swifts said...

Most of the convertibles are made to face forward or backward so they work well. We went with Britax and love it, but it is definitely pricy (I bought year-old patterns on sale to save some). Grace Ann moved into the convertible at about 9 months b/c I just wasn't strong enough to carry that other seat anymore! We kept her backwards in my car until this week (2 years and 2 months) She didn't complain about it so I figured I would just keep here that way if it was safer. I have also heard wonderful things about the new Evenflo (air somthing?) and I know that Evenflo is what the Children's hospital here recommends. They are priced more reasonably.
Caleb is ADORABLE and growing so fast!

The Swifts said...

Evenflo triumph is the one is was thinking of. . .Great crash testing and decent prices. Haven't used it but my friends like it.