Sweet Caleb,
Happy Birthday little C! I can’t believe you are turning one. It seems like yesterday that I felt you kicking around in my tummy. I know when you are older and you read this, you will think it is cheesy and you might think I am strange, but I just want you to know how much our time together this past year has meant to me. I can tell you in all honesty, not a day has gone by that I have not cried when I have to leave my sweet little boy for the day (I am a softy now). I treasured the time I was able spend with you when you were tiny. Every morning, we would read out of your devotional book that daddy got for you. Then you would sit on my lap and just listen to me sing or talk. Now, you are walking all over the house, laughing when we tickle you, waving, giving 5, giving kisses (mostly to Beas), turning on/off lights, practically running with a huge smile on your face on your way to leap (fall) into my arms, repeating things we do, cuddling only when you want to, and developing your own sense of stubbornness (that, you got from mommy).
You have such a sweet and calm temperament, thanks to your daddy. I pray we will lead you gracefully toward Jesus, our Savior. I pray we model for you a home filled with mercy, forgiveness and discipline. I pray you will always have a sense of who God has made you to be and what His purposes are for you here on this earth. I pray you will move in your God-given gifts and your path would become clear. I pray you will surrender your life to the Lord and recognize your complete dependence on Him, you would always walk closely with Him and not miss out on anything He has for you. I pray you will receive the special touch from the Holy Spirit over your life. I pray you will always know you are the Lord’s, trusting where He takes you. I know I will make many mistakes, but I pray I will teach you how to forgive quickly and obey the Lord consistently. You have touched our lives in a way I never could have thought possible. I am grateful for every day I have with you and thankful, that, for now, you are mine to hold.
Love,
mommy

2 comments:
This def made me cry. Happy Birthday my sweet baby boy. Auntie K loves you!!!
I cannot believe that he is 1 and walking! Where did this year go? He is adorable!
Post a Comment