Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thoughts

Just a few thoughts I have been "struggling" with lately…
We are supposed to spread the Gospel, right? I am struggling with what that looks like in my life. I am surrounded by kids who need loved on and who might not ever know the Gospel if I don't share it or show it to them. Through teaching, I have so many opportunities to love on kids that don't get loved on otherwise. That has been my passion for so long. But, I miss my baby. I miss my days with him. I hate being away from him for 8-9 hours a day. I hate that someone else has more influence on him on a daily basis than I do. I hate being in a hurry in the mornings and if I get to see him at all, it is for 5-10 minutes. I just don't think I have it in me to be a working mom. When I do get to see him, I am exhausted. He doesn't get the best of me, nor does my husband. But, I also know that I went back to school for a reason, have added an incredible debt to my family, and am struggling with what the "responsible" decision is. What is best for my family? I want to stay at home with my little boy more than anything. But, how to spread the Gospel from home? I know there are some people out there that do not believe moms should work, while others believe kids should be in "school" at an early age. Caleb has learned SO much at school it amazes me. Really, I believe we have made our decision, but just really want continued confirmation from the Lord that we are in line with what HE wants for our family. Although we have bills to pay and debt to get out of, I don't want to look back and regret. No matter what, I don't want to regret. I want to slow down and soak in the moments that I have. This looks different for every family, so whatever your family looks like is special to your family. I know what it feels like to be judged because I work so I am judging no one and not saying there is a "best" way in all of this. I am just trying to figure out what God wants for MY family and just do it with a whole heart. Thanks for listening.

The cutest little fireman ever (in my opinion!)

3 comments:

The Stuckey's said...

Yes that is the cutest fireman...I think that no mother should judge what another mother does for her family. Every family has to do what is right for everyone. I applaud you if you stay home and I applaud you if you go to work. Saying prayers that the Brooks family finds what is best for them

Love yall

Ashley

JJ said...

It is a hard decision for sure! We decided to suffer somewhat financially just so I could be home. I don't want to regret either. I also worked some in the beginning. The Lord will show you and just remember He is full of GRACE not condemnation! Love you!

The Swifts said...

Have been missing your blog! I've worked and stayed home and I think both are really hard! I'm not sure I'm a great stay at home mom, but I hate missing time with my kids too! Its always hard to shed the "mommy guilt!" At least teaching we can look forward to summers! Love and miss you!