
The roof top with private access...perfect for my quiet times!
At the restaraunt we went to on Friday, they were playing right next to our table!
"La Bodeguita del Medio"

Cuban food from "La Bodeguita del Medio"

Our front door and a little internet cafe right next door!
The street I live on
Well, I have made it through the first week and have survived! I can't say that the first week went by fast, but I was able to do so much throughout the city! I went on a tour of the city and ate at an incredible little Mexican restaraunt where they had homemade guacamole! We also went to a Cuban restaraunt in which I have included pictures from. School is good, but just frustrating at times. I think I am learning and then go out on the street and have no idea what people are saying. I just want to know Spanish NOW and know that it will take time and patience. Saturday, I was able to visit with Mrs. Imellda's (my homestay mum) family. As soon as I walked in the door, there was a precious baby boy and his little 3 year old sister! Their family was so welcoming and sweet to me while I was there. I also went to the Galleria where I bought C.S. Lewis´s The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe in Spanish. Everyone here tells me that reading in Spanish is a great way to learn the way they speak, which is definitely the hardest part of the language. I just finished our latin dance class and today we learned the Salsa. Um, I don´t think I can shake it like our instructor can, but it was fun!
Of course, God was timely in what He taught me this week. If anyone has not read, Lord Change My Attitude, I highly recommend it! I am learning about simply being content and allowing the Lord to be enough. That is so applicable to me right now in that I don´t have my friends and family here with me and at times, I feel very alone. God is so good in that, no matter where we are, He is enough. I so want to get to the point where I am completely content in what I have, but constantly growing in who I am. Let me tell you, I know God is going to stretch me here! I would ask you to pray for healthy companionship here, thatI would make a difference in the people I come into contact with and be confident in knowing the Lord has gone before me. He has revealed that to me more and more as I see that He has prepared a specific place for me here. I miss ya´ll and love you! Many of you have asked for my mailing address but they say that the mail system here is terrible and anything we mail will not reach each other before I am home!
5 comments:
hey girlie...jonathan joked the other day that you get more mail than we do, but it makes me excited that we actually get your mail! we are trying to make more room in your closet so that you will have a place to put your stuff!!! anyway, we are excited about you coming to our house, but know that you still have so much to learn there first! we are praying for you!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your adventure. I hope the language will get easier for you soon. You are definitely more brave than I am!!!
We'll be praying for you! gf vbbybbbbtrfdbgvvtfuhjimnhn n - Maggie says hello and sends her love
We love to see some dancing pictures :)
Haley, I love your blog! Especially with pictures! Thanks for posting all of this so that people like me can live vicariously though you. It's so nice to see and read about Mexico from my boring office! I love you and am praying like crazy for you!
Haley-I'm so proud of you!No matter how hard it's been or might be in the future, you have done an amazing thing! I love you and am praying for you and can't wait to have a conversation with you (or listen to you) en espanol!:) Me llamo Margarita! There you have it! That's about as far as I'd get, so don't lose heart!:) Magdog
Diva!! i am seriously so proud of you. you have been talking about Mexico for as long as i have know you. and now look at you, you are there and livin' it! that is AMAZING! love you heaps!
Post a Comment