Wednesday, June 25, 2008

La Luche Libre



Hey!  So, last night, we went to "La Lucha Libre" which basically means to me, "very very bad WWF."  Oh goodness.  Because of all the hype here over this event, I had so much anticipation all day awaiting our arrival to the arena.  Basically, EVERYONE in town comes out for this and is an excuse for everyone to drink, cuss and scream at each other as these 110lb. mexican men "fight" in costumes that we dressed up in when we were 12.  The most exciting part of this was seeing what type of outfits the men had chosen and what songs they had chosen for their amazing entrance into the "fighting" ring.  Then came the worst acting I have ever seen in my life.  Worse than "Days of our Lives" I promise!  It makes me laugh just thinking about it!  
Anyways, we are headed to a museum tomorrow which should be pretty neat and then I am going to a Salsa club to apply what I have learned in class!  Really I am just going to watch because it blows me away how good people can dance here.  We have our midterm exams next week, so please pray that I would retain some information!  I did learn to say "Que Miran!!"  to all the mexican men that do nothing but stare at gringas when they walk by.  I don't know what is so amusing about seeing someone from the U.S. walk down the street, but apparently it is.  I miss ya'll and hope ya'll are doing well.  Oh!  I found a Starbucks about 5 blocks from my house that has free internet, so what a great excuse to go to Starbucks a couple of times a week!  

Some of my roommates, Adrianne and Kendra



2 comments:

Josh Reed said...

miss you!!!! hope everything is going great. Sounds like you are having some interesting times. Love you!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

haha! that makes me laugh just trying to picture what you saw-please tell me you took some pictures! if you did, post them:) love you too!