"He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also put eternity in their hearts, but man cannot discover the work God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Making the Adjustment
Sorry it has taken me so long to update this! I am just now getting to use my laptop and promise to keep everyone up to date! I have to say it has been 3 very long days. Getting here was mass chaos...I almost didn't make my flight, but me and my bags made it. It has been quite an adjustment and I am continuing to learn how to adapt to my surroundings and my living situation. I am living with 4 other girls, all of whom are studying abroad at CEPE. Most of them are fairly good spanish speakers, which is helpful, but also frustrating being the only one in the house that can't really communicate with my house "mum." My host "mum" is so sweet, so serving and is trying so hard to communicate with me. She is not having much luck! We started classes today and hopefully things will pick up pace from here. I am learning that God is the same here as He is at home, which brings me comfort amidst "uncomfortable" circumstances. I read in the message bible the other day in Hebrews from Chapter 12 "Do you see what this means-all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we better get on with it. Strip down, start running, and never quit! Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how He did it. Because He never lose sight of where He was headed-that exhilarating finish in and with God-He could put up with anything along the way: cross, shame, whatever. And now He is there, in the place on honor, right alongside God." I just pray and ask all of you to pray that I do not lose sight of why I am here and the purposes the Lord has for me here and when I return. Miss ya'll like crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment