I am learning so much from my host family. The nephew stays up with us nightly to simply converse with us and help us with homework, etc. There is so much about the Spanish language that seems like I will never learn, but I am trying! Thank you for your prayers! God is teaching me how consistent He is and how He is the same here as He is in Guadalajara! Love ya'll and miss you all so much!
"He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also put eternity in their hearts, but man cannot discover the work God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11
Friday, June 20, 2008
Learning, Learning, Learning!
Thanks so much to everyone for sending me encouraging emails, comments, phone calls and texts! They truly do lift my spirits and help to keep my focus up! I can admit I am to the point right now where I am so sick of Espanol!!! We are not allowed to speak in English in class and it is muy dificil!!! We went to the zoo the other day and I got to feed a giraffe! It was so beautiful. They have so many animals that I do not see often in the U.S. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go volunteer at an orphanage here in Guadalajara and it was awesome. The kids are basically from families that cannot support them or from families they have never known. I am so excited about the opportunity to go there weekly. I am starting latin dance classes next week on Tuesdays and Thursdays which should be so fun! I am going to learn how to shake it like Shakirah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment