Is it bad that I am looking forward to the halfway point? Hope not! We are almost done with the first minimester of classes and will have finals on Thursday. We have Friday through Monday off with classes starting back up on Tuesday. We are planning to go to Lake Chapala and make some day trips to various places throughout the weekend. I am excited that I am almost halfway done, but also am a little sad that the girls I have gotten to know are leaving this weekend and a whole new group will be coming in. Its seems like I have just now gotten comfortable with people and they are leaving! There are a couple of girls with CEA that are staying for the entire 10 weeks, which is a little comforting. Please pray for the people coming in and that I would be anticipating all that God will do in the upcoming 5 weeks based on how sweet He was these last 5 weeks. Through my grumbling and complaining, He provided companionship. This past weekend, I went to the Centro (the Center of town) and then back to Tonala as well as a great little town called Tlaquepaque. Please also pray for my last week with these classes. I am getting so frustrated and the more I learn, the more frustrated I seem to become. Again, there is so much and the more we learn, the more we realize how much we have to learn! Mi mama mexicana continues to tell everyone who walks in our door that when I got here, I knew no spanish and now I am understanding so much (well, I think that is what she is saying!) but I just don't feel that way! It is all jiberish! I miss ya'll and love you like crazy!
En "El Centro" at a little cafe where we stopped for cafe! These are my friends from class, Socorro and Laura.
3 comments:
i love the pics!!! you're doing great! keep it up senora!:) i love you!
you inspired jonathan to update...soon enough we will have plenty of update info about our trip to include on our blog!
almost half way....???? So are you half way or not....bc almost seems like not quite.....confusing.....
Jonathan
Post a Comment