Monday, July 14, 2008

Really half way done!

So, now I am really half way done (happy Jonathan?) and am so excited I have a few days where I don't have to study Spanish!  We had our finals today and I am super glad they are over.  Finals were not as easy as mid-terms, which I guess makes sense, but I am just thankful for a little break.  We are headed to Chapala early in the morning.  Tonight is the last night I get to hang out with a lot of great people I have met here.  By the time I get back from Lake Chapala, they will be gone and new people will have arrived.  God is continuing to teach me so much about Himself and how important His Word is.  I think I have become so reliant on books, bible studies and friends to teach me about the Word and I tend to neglect truly digging into the Bible.  I was so excited to find a Christian store right around the corner from my house (which by the way has Hillsong United in Spanish!!), but everything in there is in Spanish.  Basically, I have no choice but to get to know Him solely through His Word.  I pray that the Spirit intercede for me and I continually pray for insight and wisdom, to walk away from reading His Word changed, knowing Him more intimately.  I so want to use this time wisely. I really do have so much down time here and I don't want to look back thinking I could have used it better.  
"See, God has come to save me.  I will trust Him and not be afraid.  The Lord God is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation.  With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation!  In that wonderful day you will sing:  'Thank the Lord!  Praise His name!  Tell the world what He has done.  Oh, how mighty He is!  Sing to the Lord, for He has done wonderful things.  Make known His praise around the world.'"  Isaiah 12:  2-5

MI ESCUELA...










3 comments:

The Edmonds said...

Glad we got that squared away.....

Jonathan

tmiller said...

Hey Haley! I'm so glad I found your blog (the link from Maggie's)! I'm glad to keep up with you first hand! Our blog is www.tandwmiller.blogspot.com


Love,
Tipi Miller

J. India said...

Haley!!!! So much to tell, but the first is that I miss you like crazy and have had to be so hard core not to scamper back to GDL immediately!! How is it?! Oaxaca is cool, but very different and positively packed with tourists--I feel like I haven't spoken Spanish in a week. I am off now to move in to my new place. Much more to come -- can you send me your e-mail??!! Godspeed, chica! laura