Hola! Sorry it has taken me so long to update this. I really have not had a lot of time since getting back from Ajijic to sit down and write. We finished with finals and then headed to Ajijic for a weekend get away and it was absolutely beautiful…a little hidden treasure in Mexico. Although, I heard just as much English as I did Spanish. It is a place of retirement for many Americans and it was a great break to actually understand what everyone was saying. We started our next set of classes last Tuesday and I will definitely be more challenged in the upcoming weeks. I am getting so frustrated with having to use my dictionary to look up everything and getting really confused with all that we are learning right now.
We went to Guanajuato this past weekend and these places continue to astound me. It had much more tourists than Ajijic and again, I heard a lot of English. It was a cute little town filled with Cobblestone streets, beautiful architecture and grounded in incredible history. There are so many things I want to research when I return to the states to really be able to appreciate the history of these cities. We had a cooking class last night, which was so interesting and so tasty. I am now a professional Mexican chef and even have the certificate to prove it! This weekend, we have a soccer game scheduled and then going to a place called Mazamitla, better known as the “Switzerland of Mexico.”
I miss everyone so much and it is very hard for me not to countdown the 24 days I have left here! God is continuing to show me Himself through His Word and I had such sweet times with Him this weekend. We had a balcony off our room and I was able to just sit out there ALONE with an amazing view and enjoy some much needed prayer time and time in His Word. It is so hard to find a place here to be alone. Please be praying that I continue to seek His Word alone and get to know Him through it, that I am able to find a time and place for intimate prayer and that I persevere in this crazy language. Hope everyone is doing well! Know that I am praying for you from Mexico!
We ate at this little cafe on afternoon. There were cafes all over Guanajuato similar to this one. Most of the people in this photo are most likely Americans. There were tons of tourist in Guanajuato.
3 comments:
Looking forward to you showing us your culinary skills when you get back to the states. Sounds good! :)
That is really Mary Beth's comment and not John's. John was the last on our computer and so it put his name. How funny.
I'm SO jealous and SOOOOO hungry now!
xoxox, J
Post a Comment