Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hogar Dulce Hogar!

Home sweet home!  Soon!  I cannot believe I am coming home in less than 48 hours.  I have to admit that I am so torn with different emotions.  I think if I could just bring you all here, I could stay here forever.  There are so many things that I thought I would never get accustomed to and those are probably the things I am going to miss the most (well, some!).  I will not miss walking down the street and being whistled at or called "mamacita" or yelled to, "hey, girl, I love you" in a Spanish accent.  I probably will not miss taking cold showers or sleeping on a rock hard mattress, but those things are so worth being able to have the stuff I will miss so much.  I will so miss all of the great people I have met here.  I will miss just being able to do "whatever."  I have never been anywhere so relaxed with such a lack of plans!  People here just go with it, if you know what I mean!  I will miss the food!  I had the most delicious "lonche" I have ever had in my life.  There is a certain sandwich here called the "lonche" and I am in love!  I feel like I have finally become accustomed to so many things and have finally gotten comfortable here and it is time to come home.  Do you all just want to move here with me?  That would be great!  Bills are so much cheaper because no one here has air conditioning.  Wait, that is probably not talking any of you into coming here, right?  Well, I can't wait to show you all pictures and tell you my countless stories!  Talk to you soon!

6 comments:

Mary Beth Spann said...

I think you will still hear, "Hey girl, I love you" in a Spanish accent while living in TR. Hate to break it to you. ;)
Can't wait to see you this weekend!

The Edmonds said...

If it would make you feel any better, I could just yell that to you in a spanish accent every day!!! And we could just scrap the AC at the house.....summers almost over.....


Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Puedo comer lonches todos los dias. Tus amigos necisitan probarlos porque no tienen ninguna idea.
Voy a extranarte! Y espero que pueda ir a tu boda!

Anonymous said...

oops, scratch the last sentence

Te ire a tu boda!

Laura said...

haley myers,
i cannot believe you're on a plane right now. i miss you already and it's been all of like....7 hours. your absence in my heart already could even depress the devil.

i hope that your flights go well and that you think of me and emily every time you see a bad dancer. at least when you see jermel, you'll be smilin’ like a goat in a briarpatch

anyways, I'll see you then, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise

xoxo,
laura

Taking Hope 2 Africa said...

DIVA!!!
You are home now!! Oh my gosh...and I come home tomorrow!! So, when do I get to see you then? I can't take it anymore! :)